Product Code: E70498
Introducing the Raymarine Quantum Q24D Doppler Radar with collision avoidance technology. The Raymarine Quantum Q24D Doppler Radar next generation CHIRP pulse compression radar by Raymarine provides superior target awareness at both long and extremely short ranges.
Using advanced Doppler processing, the Raymarine Quantum Q24D Doppler Radar system instantly highlights moving radar contacts and colour codes them to indicate whether they are inbound or outbound. Raymarine Quantum Q24D Doppler Radar makes it easy to discern potentially dangerous targets when navigating in high-traffic areas.
Easily Identify Dangerous Targets
Raymarine Quantum Q24D Doppler Radar target processing readily identifies and colour codes moving radar contacts for instant recognition and reduced risk of collision.
Raymarine Quantum Q24D Doppler Radar's exclusive Safety Sector feature provides the maximum level of visibility to dangerous targets in the path of your vessel (both mobile and stationary).
Superior Collision Avoidance
Doppler-enabled MARPA provides an effortless means of dangerous target tracking by eliminating the need to setup guard zones. Raymarine MARPA target tracking is the same technology trusted by the United States Coast Guard.
Raymarine Quantum Q24D Doppler Radar Key Features
- Doppler moving target display allows for superior situational awareness at-a-glance
- Fully automatic ARPA target tracking, along with manual MARPA mode
- Adjustable TrueTrails target history shows the motion history of moving contacts
- CHIRP Pulse Compression detects contacts as close as 18-feet for zero-visibility navigation
- 24-mile range for early detection of traffic, navigation aids, landfall and weather
- Immediate awareness – Quantum starts up and is ready to go in seconds
- Superior interference rejection eliminates noise from other radars
- Simplified installation with Wi-Fi or thin wire network connectivity
- Easy upgrade – Quantum 2 fits the same bolt pattern as other Raymarine scanners
- Lightweight and easy to install – Quantum weighs up to 50% less than comparable magnetron radars
- Safe emissions – mount Quantum anywhere onboard
- Low power consumption for extended battery life under sail
- Microwave energy waves are bounced off of a distant target, just like conventional radar.
- Moving targets send back echoes whose frequencies shift upward or downward from what was originally transmitted.
- For inbound targets, the frequency increases as the leading edge of the returning echoes are received more frequently as the target’s range decreases.
- For outbound targets, the frequency drops as the returning echoes spread out as its range increases.
- Doppler radars are engineered to detect these small shifts in wave frequency, and use them to classify moving radar targets.
Doppler radar is tuned specifically to detect the radar echo frequency shift returned by moving vs. stationary targets.
Raymarine Quantum Q24D Doppler Radar then uniquely colour codes moving targets to indicate whether they are getting closer, or moving away.
- Inbound targets are coloured red.
- Outbound targets are coloured green.
Raymarine Quantum Q24 Doppler Radar Safety Sector
Doppler does an excellent job of bringing attention to moving targets, but it does downplay stationary targets, that can be equally as dangerous.
Safety Sector provides equal attention to these imminent threats by colouring them as inbound targets. Potential targets include:
- Exposed Hazard (rocks, pilings, etc).
- Slow moving, low visibility vessels.
NOTE: The safety sector is not visible on the display. Raymarine Quantum Q24D Doppler Radar automatically processes and highlights targets within this region in red.
Automatic Target Acquisition and Tracking
The Raymarine Quantum Q24D Doppler Radar also features fully automatic target acquisition and tracking. Configure custom safety or alarm zones and be alerted to new radar contacts entering the zone. The Raymarine Quantum Q24D Doppler Radar can begin tracking those contacts automatically, calculating their course, speed, closest point of approach and more. You’ll be alerted to dangerous contacts with audible alerts and easy to understand on-screen graphics.
Raymarine Quantum Q24D Doppler Radar also features Raymarine’s new True Trails target history display. The True Trails features enables you to see a historical “wake” behind every moving contact. This additional information makes it even easier to interpret the motion of other vessels, and make smart maneuvering decisions to pass safely.
Rugged & Lightweight Design
Like every Raymarine Quantum system, you’ll also benefit from a rugged and lightweight design that is super-easy to install. Raymarine Quantum Q24D Doppler Radar has very low power consumption making it especially friendly to vessels running exclusively on battery power. Raymarine Quantum Q24D Doppler Radar can be installed in a traditional wired configuration, or use its built-in Wi-Fi technology to connect it to your Raymarine MFD.
The Raymarine Quantum Q24D Doppler Radar truly sets the standard for on the water safety and collision avoidance.