Brand: Marlec Rutland
- Purpose designed turbine - Marlec was the first wind generator manufacturer to design it's aerofoil blades and generator specifically as a wind turbine to maximise power conversion.
- Low wind speed start up - Marlec developed their stator windings without an iron core for low friction so a Rutland offers the lowest wind speed start up by far of any design.
- Reliable Components – Marlec encapsulate the stator coils in glass fibre to avoid common stator failures
- Simple, effective design - Marlec have fixed the shaft reducing the number of rotating parts and the need for generator brushes. They use two single magnets moulded into glass fibre avoiding the use of multiple magnets glued into position.
- 360 degree free rotation - Built-in slipring & low wear brushes give the unit complete 360º free rotation on the mounting pole for power transmission whilst avoiding twisted cables.
- Quiet, smooth and continous power generation - These features create a high inertia generator whose flywheel effect generates smooth, continuous power between gusts when other wind turbines have lost the power in the wind and stall between gusts.
- More Power from less turbine - the flywheel effect effortlessly rides the gusts of wind to capture more energy
- Tested in real wind conditions - All Marlec designs are tested in real wind conditions and performance monitored and datalogged pre and post market release. (Many companies quote outputs based on fixed wind speeds measured from vehicle top testing)
- Quality Controlled - Marlec test and record results of every generator built