Experience an advanced all-in-one solution with thw 12-inch Garmin GPSMAP 1222xsv keyed combo. Includes built-in support for Garmin CHIRP sonar, CHIRP ClearVü and CHIRP SideVü. It also supports Panoptix all-seeing sonar and premium Garmin sonar modules (transducers sold separately). Features a large, bright screen coupled with a quick and easy-to-use keypad interface with user-programmable keys and a multifunction control knob.
Complete Network Sharing
Garmin Marine Network support allows sharing of sonar, maps, user data, dome or open-array radar, IP cameras and Panoptix sonar among multiple units. Includes NMEA 2000 network connectivity and NMEA 0183 support for autopilots, digital switching, FUSION-Link, VHF, AIS and other sensors.
Built-in ANT Connectivity
Enjoy built-in ANT wireless connectivity directly from the Garmin GPSMAP 1222xsv to quatix marine watch, Garmin Nautix in-view display, gWind Wireless 2 transducer, GNX Wind marine instrument and wireless remote controls.
Built-in Sonar Capabilities
Right out of the box, you have access to some amazing sonar capabilities; all you have to add are transducers. The Garmin GPSMAP 1222xsv comes with built-in Garmin 1 kW CHIRP sonar, CHIRP ClearVü and CHIRP SideVü scanning sonar. It even supports Panoptix all-seeing sonar, premium Garmin sonar modules and a wide range of transducers (sold separately).
Networked combos can share their internal sonar with any other device on the network. You can also choose what information is overlaid on the sonar screen; for example, radar, time of day or GPS speed.
Heading, Position Refreshed 10 Times per Second
Fast, responsive built-in 10 Hz GPS and GLONASS receiver refreshes your position and heading 10 times each second to make your movement on the screen more fluid. It makes dropping up to 5,000 accurate waypoints — and finding your way back to them — quick and easy.
Two SD card slots on the Garmin GPSMAP 1222xsv provide expandable memory for accessory map purchases, such as BlueChart g3 HD or BlueChart g3 Vision HD, which adds Garmin patented Auto Guidance¹ and other great features.
Quickdraw Contours to Create Your Own HD Maps
Instantly create personalised HD fishing maps on screen with 0.3m contours. Tailor them to fit your needs. These are your maps — you own them. Keep the data to yourself, or share it with the Quickdraw Community on Garmin Connect.
Built-in SailAssist Features
To help you gain a wind-maximizing competitive edge, the Garmin GPSMAP 1222xsv chartplotter features a pre-race guidance page that shows your virtual starting line along with data fields showing laylines, time to burn before the start and a race timer that can be synchronized across all your networked Garmin GPS products. In addition, other supported sailing features include an enhanced wind rose, heading and course-over-ground lines, set and drift, true and apparent wind data and more.
GPX Waypoints Transfer
If you have waypoints, tracks or frequently used routes stored on another manufacturer’s GPS product — or on a Garmin handheld device — it’s easy to transfer those items to your new Garmin GPSMAP 1222xsv chartplotter via industry-standard GPX software formatting.
ActiveCaptain Boating App
The all-in-one ActiveCaptain app allows you to manage your marine experience from nearly anywhere. It creates a simple yet powerful connection between your compatible mobile device and your Garmin GPSMAP 1222xsv chartplotter, charts, maps and the boating community. Wherever you are, you’ll have unlimited access to your cartography, the ability to purchase new maps and charts and access to the Garmin Quickdraw Contours Community. Stay connected with smart notifications on your Garmin GPSMAP 1222xsv chartplotter screen. You can also plan a trip or pre-fish a lake, and ActiveCaptain will automatically sync with your chartplotter. Even get notifications for software updates, and decide when to download them on your device.
¹Auto Guidance is for planning purposes only and does not replace safe navigation operations.
Garmin GPSMAP 1222xsv Physical & Performance
- Physical dimensions: 35.8 x 22.6 x 6.9 cm
- Water rating: IPX7
- Mounting options: Bail or flush
- Antenna: Internal or external over NMEA 2000
- Receiver: 10 Hz high-sensitivity
- Display size: 26.2 x 16.3 cm; 12.1" (30.7 cm) diagonal
- Display resolution: 1280 x 800 pixels
- Weight: 2.34 kg
- Display type: WXGA display
- Maps & Navigation: Accepts data cards2 SD cards
- Track log: 50,000 points; 50 saved tracks
- Preloaded maps: None
- Routes: 100
- Wireless remote compatible: Yes
- Maximum depth: 1500m at 1kW (depth capacity is dependent on water bottom type and other water conditions)
- Dual-frequency (50/200 kHz) sonar capable: Yes
- Transmit power: 1 kW traditional; 1 kW CHIRP
- SiriusXM Weather & Radio compatible: No
- Water temperature log and graph: Yes
- Supports FUSION-Link compatible radios: Yes
- Max power usage at 10 Vdc: 34.8 W
- Typical current draw at 12 Vdc: 2.2 A
- Max current draw at 12 Vdc: 2.9 A
- NMEA 0183 output ports: 1
- NMEA 2000 compatible: Yes
- Voltage range: 10-32 Vdc input
- Bottom lock (shows return from the bottom up): Yes
- CHIRP sonar technology: Yes (Built-in)
- NMEA 0183 compatible: Yes
- Transducer pin numbers: 12
- Supports AIS (tracks target ships position): Yes
- GSD Black Box sonar support: Yes
- GCV Black Box sonar support: Yes
- Sonar history rewind: Yes
- Video input ports: 1 BNC
- SideVü: Yes with CHIRP (built-in)
- ActiveCaptain compatible: Yes
- GRID (Garmin Remote Input Device) compatible: Yes
- Garmin Radar compatible: Yes
- Supports DSC (displays position data from DSC-capable VHF radio): Yes
- Garmin Marine Network ports: 2
- Garmin Sonar compatible: Yes (built-in)
- NMEA 0183 input ports: 1
- Wireless connectivity: Yes
- Wireless mouse compatible: No
- Sonar recording: Yes
- Dual-beam (77/200 kHz) sonar capable: Yes
- Waypoints: 5,000
- Garmin SmartMode compatible (customisable monitor presets): Yes
- Video output ports: None
- Garmin Meteor Audio System compatible: Yes
- ClearVü: Yes with CHIRP (built-in)
- Garmin Helm compatible: Yes
- Tide tables: Yes